Avienda (Pronounced: Ah-vee-EN-da) is located in the area of Highway 212 and Powers Boulevard. Avienda offers a desirable, diverse shopping and lifestyle destination with convenient access. As a gateway to the City of Chanhassen, development in Avienda should blend the best of residential, retail, office, medical and hospitality. It should support high quality, attractive design that is compatible as a whole with forms and materials that are authentic to the region.
- November 1, 2016: The Planning Commission recommended conceptual approval of the PUD.
- November 28, 2016: The City Council gave conceptual approval of the PUD.
- February 27, 2017: During its Work Session, the City Council reviewed the significant issues of the Alternative Urban Areawide Review (AUAR).
- February 28, 2017: An open house was held.
- March 7, 2017: The Planning Commission held a public meeting to review the proposed update to the AUAR document. The Planning Commission forwarded their comments to the City Council.
- March 13, 2017: The City Council authorized publication in the Environmental Quality Board (EQB) Monitor for April 3 and closing the AUAR comment period on April 17.
- May 8, 2017: The City Council adopted a final resolution for the updated AUAR and Mitigation Plan.
- May 6, 2017 and June 6, 2017: The Planning Commission held pubic hearings on the plan.
- June 20, 2017: The Planning Commission recommended preliminary plat approval.
- July 10, 2017: The City Council approved Preliminary Plat creating 17 lots, 3 outlots and dedication of public right-of-way for public streets (115.519 acres); and Rezoning of 115.519 acres of property zoned Agricultural Estate District, A-2, to Planned Unit Development-Regional Commercial District (PUD-RC). Design Standards; and a Conditional Use Permit to encroach into the primary zone and required buffer for development in the Bluff Creek Corridor; Wetland Alteration Permit to 4.897 acres of permanent wetland impacts as shown in plans dated April 14, 2017 and June 13, 2017, to request to construct into the primary zone and required buffer for development in the Bluff Creek Corridor.
- June 25, 2018: The city approved the final plat and grading permit.
- April 8, 2019: The Chanhassen City Council approved the extension of the final plat and grading permit to December 31, 2019 and extinguished the final plat for Avienda but allowed for grading.
- December 9, 2019: The Chanhassen City Council approved the extension of the preliminary plat until June 30, 2020 and permitted grading as stated in the conditions listed below and in accordance with the preliminary plat approvals.
- July 13, 2020: The City Council approved an amendment to the Preliminary Plat for the subdivision to 19 lots, 3 outlots and dedication of public right-of-way.
- May 24, 2021: The City Council approved the grading permit. The developer has indicated that they are prepared to move forward with the mass grading and Phase 1 of the infrastructure installation in the Summer of 2021.
More information will be coming soon!
Click on the Notify Me button to sign up with your email and/or cell phone number to receive project updates. The information provided will be general in nature, such as proposed project schedule and upcoming construction activities. Contact Stacy at 952-227-1162 or by email
|Project Notifications Disclaimer|
|Due to the variability of construction, updates typically do not include specific details such as day-to-day scheduled activity. The City's inspector or contractor will notify occupants directly if they will be impacted by a utility service shut down (example: water shutoff), or work (such as excavation or new curb) that will impede access to the property for a period of hours or days.|