Street Lights/Traffic Signals/Power Outages

Reporting Damage

Please report any damaged, malfunctioning, or burned-out street lights to the Public Works Department at (952) 227-1300.

Burned-out traffic signal bulbs or malfunctioning signals within the City of Chanhassen should be reported to the Street Maintenance Department at (952) 227-1300.

Two electric companies, Xcel Energy and Minnesota Valley Electric, serve the City of Chanhassen. View a map showing the service areas of those companies.

Power outages should be reported to your local electric company at the following numbers:
  • Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative: (952) 492-8255
  • Xcel Energy (formerly NSP): (800) 895-1999